Friday, October 19, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday started out as one of those days. The boys and I were all grouchy and overtired. We were housebound since Luis' car is still in the shop, and we were bored. There was a LOT of whining, pushing, fighting, and yelling. It was miserable. By about 9am, it occurred to me that I needed to do something to change the direction of the day. So I racked my brain for something new, fun, and different. I came up with shaving cream, and just hoped Luis hadn't used it all up. Taye has played with shaving cream before, but not Darius. It was a start, they had fun.


Of course after all that fun, a bath was in order.


Complete with 'funny hair.'


Grover was very curious about this bath thing. He learned that if he sits on the edge of the tub, Darius may just pull him in!


Darius went down for a nap after that, and I tried to get Taye to come play in the leaves. He wanted to stay on the porch, so I raked the front yard while he played. Once he saw the pile, and I mentioned jumping, he was all for it.


After a rough start, it turned out to be a very fun day. It was one of those days where I actually felt like I did something right. Which is honestly more than I can say most days lately. I never imagined it would be this hard! When I was a nanny, I was always sure I was doing the right thing, I had all the answers, I hardly ever lost my patience, I was fun. I have those days as a mother too, but I have my share of beastly, I-have-no-idea-what-the-hell-I-am-doing(!) days too. Yesterday was a good one, I am glad for that. :o)

1 comment:

Penny Lady said...

YAY AN UPDATE! I need a hobby!