Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nana Week, Day 8: Apple Fest

Saturday we went to the Apple Fest at Mt. Wachusett (you're singing it, aren't you?) We had so much fun. We went on the SkyRide first, which is basically a ride on the ski lifts. I was a little stressed the whole time because there are no restraints to speak of, and you're a good distance off the ground, and I was worried about the boys falling. Or, even worse, of Taye dropping his Red Car over the edge, never to be seen again. :o) Other than that, it was one of the coolest things I have done in a long time. On the way up, Taye kept saying, "I'm flying! I'm flying!" Then on the way down, Luis said "we're going down" which prompted Taye to say, "I'm lookin' down!" a la Dunkin the Donkey, from Shrek. He is so funny. It was a lot longer than I thought, it took at least 20 minutes, and the view from the top was just amazing. I would love to do it again.


The also had all kinds of fun things for the kids. There were a couple of those inflatable bouncy houses, and a huge slide. Taye and Emma were both excited to go down the slide, and Taye wanted to do it again, but I can't imagine why from looking at his face going down! He went so fast that when his feet hit, he flew forward and landed on his face. Poor Emma hit her foot on the side halfway down, and ended up going upside-down for a while.

The pony ride was another favorite. Taye wasn't so sure at first, but when he heard that Emma and Darius were going, he wanted to ride the 'caballo' too. The lady said he giggled the whole way.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole week. Do you see what I see?


Apparently, Mom didn't (even though I mentioned it when I took the picture) and she wore them again not long after! A few more pictures:


When we got home, Nana, Grandad, Aunt Amy, Jay, and Emily were here. Mom made chili, apple crisp, and brownies for everyone. We had a nice long visit with them. At night, Mom made a fire in the backyard.



They left early Sunday morning, so this was pretty much our last day together. We had such a fun week, and were sad to see them go.

1 comment:

Penny Lady said...

Frank said he must have that pic of Emma on the slide in an 8x10! LOL