Friday, October 19, 2007

Best.Birthday.EVER!

Today was truly one of my favorite birthdays (really one of my favorite days period). I couldn't stop smiling all day long. Luis surprised me and took the day off. He even walked Kevin and Rebecca to the bus so that I could sleep in. We all lazed around in bed for a while after waking up. Darius played peek-a-boo with me. I love the way he says 'boo' - almost like he is spitting the word out. And seeing him with his little chubby hands over his eyes is just yummy. We all got up together, I helped Luis dress the boys and made them a snack tray for breakfast, so they would be all ready to go when it was time. Then I went back to bed! I cannot describe how much I needed that sleep, I have been so exhausted lately - it was delicious.

After I got up and showered, we decided on our plan for the day. First we went to Leominster, and I dropped them at the mall to play in the playground. I went to SuperCuts and got a haircut. And unlike the one I got a couple of months ago (and have been covering with a bandana every day since) I actually really like this one. It doesn't look a whole lot different, she just layered it for me, so it doesn't poof out like it used to. I am so happy with it. I keep checking it in the mirror, expecting it to look bad again, but it doesn't! Not bad for $15, I think I have found my new hairdresser. :o)

After the mall we went to the Discovery Museum in Acton. It seemed like the perfect activity for the day. The boys have so much fun there, and Luis had never been. We had such a nice time together.




BUNNY!!!


So pretty (and proud of it!)


This is so cool...if you look really close, you can see Luis' reflection in the bubble.


My 3 babies, having fun:


We came home and ate dinner, then Luis returned my cell phone to me. :o) I cannot thank you all enough for your messages - 18 of them!! I have never felt so loved, I saved every one and will always. I love you all too! Thank you, thank you!

After the messages it was time for cake. Taye picked it out himself - chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Does that boy know his Mama or what? Taye picked the peanut butter chips off the top of the cake, and proved that you can eat ice cream with your hands (he even announced, "I'm eating with my hands!") He also somehow managed to avoid an ice cream headache, I have no idea how.


Darius was much more civilized :o) We all know from his birthday that he doesn't like to make a cake mess.


As for Luis, I think I will keep him. I am very lucky. :o) Now I just have to figure out what to do for his birthday - any ideas??

2 comments:

Penny Lady said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I am so glad you had such a good day. Sounds just perfect. We are very similar! We went to the aviary for my birthday, and Emma chased peacocks around. Maybe I will make a post about it even though it happened a few weeks ago.

Love you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Penny Lady said...

Lack of pics of your new haircut...BOOOO!