Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nana Week: The Middle Days

It seems easier to group Wednesday-Friday in one post. Mostly because I don't have a lot of pictures from those days, so the posts would be pretty short otherwise.

On Wednesday we managed to convince Jackie to grace us with her presence. She came up in the afternoon to spend some time with us. We pretty much just hung out at the house all day. The highlight of the day was Mom's famous lasagna for dinner. Which just makes any day awesome! Hanging out:

Thursday we were supposed to go down the Cape. Penny really loves to see the ocean, and the weather man said it was going to be a nice day, so Luis took the day off to come with us. Of course it was freezing and rainy. On the way down we stopped at Nana and Grandad's for lunch. Aunt Kathy came by, so did Uncle Bob. My mom likes to call him "Uncle Torture" because he loves to lift the kids up over his head (and he's about to 10 feet tall) and 'drop' them, stuff like that. Of course, my boys love that so Taye had a blast with him.

From there we decided to go to Duxbury beach so Penny could see the ocean, since we didn't have time to go all the way to the Cape. It was cold and rainy, but actually kind of fun. Luis and I held the boys and searched for heart shaped rocks for a certain someone we know who likes them. :o) I have never seen so many rocks on the beach, they were everywhere. We didn't stay for too long, we headed off to a restaurant we knew in Plymouth for dinner. Mom ended up parking miles away from the place, so we had a nice walk to the restaurant. The restaurant is right on the water, so we walked along the shore to get there. The kids had a good time running and splashing in puddles.

After dinner we went to Jackie's apartment for dessert with Dad and Val. She was very excited to be able to show off her apartment. She had bought a basket of toys for the kids, so between that and tearing the place apart, they had a good time. It was a nice end to a long, fun day.

Friday morning Aunt Sue and Gerry came over. Before they arrived, Mom and I were out on the porch with the three kids. We noticed that Alex and Abby were outside, and I joked with Mom about inviting them over too. I told her I'd wait until Gerry got there so we could have 6 kids at once. Well the next thing I knew they were crossing the street to our house. Ray was watching them cross, and just looked at me and said, "They're all yours now!" (ha ha) So I let them in, what else is there to do? I'm a sucker, I know. They didn't stay too long, Alex told me it was time for them to get home, so I walked them back. Emma told us she "missed that boy and that girl!" Dad and Val came up to the house in the afternoon. We spent some time visiting with them, and then they took us out to dinner. It was a nice buffet place, the food was great. Taye fell asleep in the car, and wasn't too happy when he woke up. Luis took him outside for a while, and when they came back in with the free Auto Trader magazine they found, all was well in the world. We had a nice dinner together.

No comments: