Monday, February 23, 2009

Cover Girl

Before Mya was born, I decided to try cloth diapering with her, and I started looking around for the diapers I wanted to use. I saw some irresistible diapers in Katnappies' shop on Etsy, and bought the set. I loved them instantly, but had a lot of experienced cloth diaper users tell me not to commit to one style until after the baby was born, since you never can tell how they will fit.

Now that Mya has been here for a while, I can safely say they are still my favorites. I have slowly replaced my less favorite diapers with more from Katnappies. Kathy, the woman who owns the store, has been so wonderful. I noticed that Mya had some gaps at the leg in her bigger diapers, which fit better around the waist, and asked if she would be able to customize the fit a bit better. She readily agreed, and even sent me a free diaper sample of the new size, to see how it fit. After a small adjustment, I ordered a couple more from her huge selection of fabrics. They arrived today.

I tell you all of this for two reasons. First, if you are at all interested in cloth diapers, check out Kathy's shop - you will not be disappointed. Second, I decided to send her a picture of Mya in her new diaper, which of course led to an all-out photo shoot.


The drool is a nice touch:

No comments: