Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yanina!

Yanina is one of my oldest and best friends in Peru.  She is also one of Luis', which makes it doubly nice to see her.  We visited her mom, who is a hairdresser, and had my hair cut and highlighted the other day.  We also found out from her when Yanina would be home (she is a professional photographer for the biggest newspaper in Peru, so she's usually very busy) and made plans to visit her.  On Sunday we went to see her, and spent time with her whole family, all of whom are so very nice.  I couldn't believe that as soon as she walked in the door, Taye went over and gave her a kiss!  I almost caught it on camera too, but he moved too fast for me.  But Yanina is just that kind of person, everyone who meets her instantly loves her. 

We had a very nice visit.

Peru 220

I let her play with my camera, which I'm sure is way better than hers (ha).

Peru 129Peru 127

And she has wireless internet at her house!  Not that we're suffering from withdrawl or anything!

 Peru 207

Like the hat?  Taye brought it to me, I guess he doesn't like my new hairdo much.  Here I am, struggling to send an update to you people :o)

Peru 228

Before we left, we made Yanina take a picture of the four of us.  And we learned her secret trick - when taking a picture, you must say "Eee!  Eee!" to get your subject's attention.  Darius was sleeping, but I like the pictures anyway.  This is my favorite.

Peru 241

And here we are with our lovely friend.

Peru 235

No comments: