Thursday, January 10, 2008

Animals

At Mamitita's house there are a lot of fun animals.  They have a kitten who I will call Michi because I thought that was his name.  I later found out that is the noise one makes to call a kitten in Peru, and the kitten has no name.  The boys chase him around endlessly and love to play with him.  He is a sweet kitty, and seems to like the attention.  Especially when he is being fed.  He's no Grover, but he'll do for now.  :o)

Peru 061Peru 047Peru 258

They also have an enormous turtle, I don't think she has a name either, so lets call her Tortuga.  The boys cannot get over her, they flip out every time someone brings her out.  She is big enough to 'ride', and I am assured it doesn't hurt her. 

Peru 075

Peru 071

Peru 073

Taye the Turtle returns:

Peru 076

Walking down the street one day, Daddy found a snail for Taye.  He brought it to the park down the street where we were headed and held it for a long time.  At one point he said it was "his Gary" and "says Meow!"

Peru 050

Peru 057

At the park they had a small zoo.  There were mostly birds and monkeys, but they also had a few interesting animals.  One was a coati, which I had never seen before, and only heard of on Diego.  I hear chinchillas are afraid of them.  :o)  The real one was curled up in a tiny ball which didn't make a great picture, so here is the sign.

Peru 090

They also have cats in the zoos of Peru.

Peru 092

I thought these monkeys were so cute, they reminded me of something...

Peru 095 IMG_3752

Everywhere we go there are stray dogs on the street.  Literally everywhere.  I think Darius is going to lose his mind.  He points out every single one, and yells "Hi Rah!"  One day we saw a 'baby Rah' and he spent the next ten minutes saying, "Bye baby rah" over and over and over.  I think he is going to miss them when we leave.

And while we're on the subject of animals, we can't forget to mention the cockroach that was on Darius' shorts when I opened his drawer the other day.  Or the one who ran in front of me on my way to bed last night.  And lastly, my dear flea friends who have been feasting on me since we got here (and who recently started on Taye).  I will definitely miss them when we go. (not)

1 comment:

babygirlhoarder said...

OMG I think it is so funny that taye called the snail Gary and said meow!!! I'm still laughing over that! What did you do by the way, blog post for like 4 hours!? I have a lot more to read, but I started from the earliest posts. Thanks for the updates and pictures too!