Thursday, January 24, 2008

Plate-Lickin' Good!

Today Taye kept telling me, "I'm hungry Mama!" I tried to think of something he would like, but he vetoed every suggestion. Then I remembered a favorite snack - caterpillars!
I credit my Aunt Amy with introducing these to me. I can remember her watching us one time, and asking what we wanted for a snack. She joked around, suggesting dirt, rocks, etc. while we laughed and screamed, "no!" to each suggestion. When she said "caterpillars" we assumed it was part of the game, but she was serious, and made us one of these guys:


They have been a favorite of mine ever since. I mean, really - banana and peanut butter, how can you go wrong? I prefer what I like to call a 'lazy caterpillar' - take a banana, a jar of peanut butter, and a knife. Stick a little peanut butter on the end of the banana, and bite. Chew, swallow, repeat - yum!
Taye, on the other hand, prefers the old fashioned way - down to the last bite!

1 comment:

babygirlhoarder said...

You introduced those to my brother too!