Thursday, November 1, 2007

Welcome to Trash Mountain


Well, technically its Recyclable Mountain. This is what happens when I don't get to the dump in about 4 weeks. And not because I'm lazy, like you're thinking (and I resent that you think of me that way). I went a few days before Nana Week began, so that I wouldn't have to stop the fun to run to the dump. I figured I could handle a week and a half or so of trash after they left. Then, the Monday after Luis' car wouldn't start, so he had to use my car for 2 weeks. By the time he gets home the dump is closed, and while they are open on Saturdays, we are so popular that we didn't have a chance to go on the weekends. So finally, after all that I went down Tuesday night to sort out this mess. I ended up with 3 trash bags of plastic, 2 bins plus 1 trash bag of 'mixed paper', two shopping bags of glass (Penny drank a lot of wine while she was here, she needed it to recover from the 'kid energy' - my kids drive a lot of people to drink), 1 shopping bag of tin cans, and a good size pile of cardboard. I also had a trash bag full of soda cans, but I had already brought them to the store for the nickels. :o)


So no one can ever say that I didn't do my part for the enrvrinment. Speaking of which, I recently read in a magazine that satellites have shown a floating pile of trash in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that is twice the size of Texas! I find that unbelieveable.
Oh, and if you're wondering what became of our actual trash during those 4 weeks, don't worry. Our neighbors across the street have curbside pickup, and they were nice enough to let us throw our bags in too since they never fill their barrel anyway.

1 comment:

Penny Lady said...

The thing about the wine...100% true...but Emma did her part to drive me to drink too...LOL