Tuesday, August 14, 2007

%@*&! Target!

So as I mentioned before, Taye's red car got lost last week. We went camping the next day, and he really didn't mention it all weekend. Not long after we walked in the door at home, he started asking for it. He asked to go back to the store, he asked us to lift the couch to look for it. I finally decided today to head out to Target. I didn't tell him why we were there in case they didn't have any, but I was happy to see that they did have a couple. I picked up a pack of them, and gave it to Taye and he was thrilled. He just kept looking at it and saying "car!" It was a beautiful reunion. :o) I told him we would open it in the car, and he spent the rest of the time in the store talking about the car, and how we would open it in our car. When we got in line I told him that he would have to give it to the lady and she would give it back to him in a minute. He usually doesn't hand his prizes over easily, but this time he just said 'give it to the lady' and threw it up on the belt. He waited patiently while she scanned in all the items. When she scanned his cars, a message popped up on the computer screen - "Do not sell this item. Item has been recalled." She had to call a manager to clear the screen, and they took the cars away. I could not believe it, I felt so terrible. Taye cried for over an hour. I had no way to make him feel better. I called Job Lot on our way home to see if they had found his car, but no luck. What I don't understand is why the f***ing car was still on the shelf if it had been recalled! Not to mention the fact that Taye will probably never believe me again when I tell him, "just give it to the lady for a minute, and she will give it right back..."I hate Target, Target sucks!

No comments: