Sunday, August 5, 2007

Journals

I found my old journal (one of them) the other day. One of my attempts to start writing again after becoming a Mama. It had a grand total of three entries in it over a two month period. Two of the entries aren't even complete, I clearly got interrupted or sidetracked and didn't finish them. So all in all, I'd say this blogging thing is a much more effective way for me to journal. I'm going to copy the entries here, since they are part of our history. Just keep in mind I wrote this before I knew people would be reading, and don't tease me too much! :o)

March 5, 2007
I was lying in bed the other morning, the boys and I had just woken up, and it suddenly hit me - I am living the life I have always wanted to live. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to have a family and be able to stay home with my kids. I am living my dream - how many people can truly say that? For so long I have focused on the imperfections in our life... (thats all, folks)


March 7, 2007
I got interrupted (twice) while writing the other night, so I wasn't able to finish (obviously). I was just thinking that so often I have chosen to focus on the downside of our situation - we are struggling to get out of debt, we can't afford our own home, money is just always so tight and its stressful. But its just money, and someday things will be better in that department. In the meanwhile, I have all the important things I could ever ask for. I have two of the most amazing children anyone could ask for. Taye makes me laugh all day long. He is so full of energy he just doesn't stop. He talks so much, and you wouldn't believe some of the things that come out of his mouth. He is a total clown, and loves to perform. When he is unhappy its usually my fault; he is hungry or can't have his way in something. But a snack will fix the first problem, and after a few minutes he gets over his disappointment at the second, and he is back to himself again. He is also very sweet and loving. He has really never been mean to his little brother, and will often hug him (or us, for that matter!) pat him on the back and say "Its 'tay. Its 'tay" He is obsessed with airplanes, and especially helicopters. We can't wait for spring so we can take him to the airport in Orange, and watch the planes take off. He has brought me so much joy in the last 2 years, I am so lucky to have him.

His baby brother, Darius, (in case I forgot) is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. Everyone he meets is greeted with the biggest smile imagineable. (He truly does have a HUGE mouth!) No matter his mood, he is quick to snap back and smile. He has a spark in his eye that lets me know already that he is going to be a ton of fun (and probably trouble too!) He is a Mama's boy, all the way (the both are, really). Unlike his big brother, he loves to give kisses - big grab your face, wide open mouth, drooly, wet baby kisses. I love it. He likes to say 'Mama' all day long, and loves to look at pictures of himself or other babies. He also loves mirrors, or his reflection in the window, or pretty much anywhere he can see himself. He's very cute, I really can't blame him. (This reminded me of these pictures:)












When he sees a baby, he likes to reach for them and say 'hi' in his breathless sounding way. He's thinking about crawling soon, and then I know I will be in real trouble. I'm sure he will follow around Taye, whom he adores, and it won't be long before they are plotting against me. I can't wait. :o) We cosleep with both boys still. I get to wake up every morning to their sweet faces. They both wake up in the best moods, and we all lay around for a little while until we feel ready to get up. I cannot imagine a better start to the day. I will miss them whenever we decide to stop cosleeping.

I also happen to have been lucky enough to meet and marry the most amazing man in the world. I truly don't know how I deserve to get so lucky. Luis treats me better than anyone I have ever known. He is always patient, kind, and loving (which, unfortunately, is more than I can say for myself.) He is almost never in a bad mood. He is one of the smartest people I know, he loves to learn new things. He is funny and sharp. He is also a determined hard worker. He gives 110% of himself to everything he does. I cannot describe what a good feeling it is to have someone like him as a partner. I know that no matter what, he will never stop fighting for our family, and for our dreams. He is not afraid to push himself to the limit to get done what he needs to do. I know that with him, I never have to worry. Its also a good feeling to know that we have the same goals and ideals, and that while we may not always agree on how to get there, we're headed for the same place, and we know we can get there together. And maybe most importantly, he puts up with me and my moods, which more than makes up for his imperfections. (I just need to add that while I was sitting here writing, Taye came over, rubbed my head, and said "pretty." Did I mention he is so freakin' cute and I love him?) I cannot believe I've actually been able to write this long. Its the middle of the morning, and Darius is taking an unusually long nap. I want to go play with Taye before he wakes up. I'll write more later.

April 30, 2007
I feel like all of a sudden in the last week or two, both of my boys have become so BIG! It is more noticeable in Darius, but it is really both of them. Darius has perfected the art of butt-scooting, and he will now follow us from room to room all over the house. I have never seen anything like it, its very entertaining. He also likes to practice standing by pulling himself up on us and then letting go. He thinks thats pretty funny, especially when he falls back and we catch him. And to top it all off, he took a few steps on Saturday and Sunday. But its not just that - he suddenly seems longer and leaner, and just doesn't look like a baby any more. (...the end)

And thats all I wrote, riveting isn't it? I know I have at least one more journal somewhere with an entry or two. If I ever find it, I'll copy that one too.

No comments: