Saturday, August 18, 2007

Duxbury Beach

The Kreams (yeah, you!) planned a trip to Duxbury beach and they invited us to come along. They originally planned it for last week, but I was mean and wished rain on them since we would be camping and I didn't want to miss it. We had so much fun going every week last summer, I couldn't wait to go again. I guess my wish came true because they went this Friday instead. The ride down to the beach s-u-c-k-e-d!! We basically sat in traffic on 95 all the way from Route 2 to Route 3. At some point I was questioning myself about whether it was worth it. It took us almost three hours to get there. It was worth it.

Before we left, the boys and I went to the farm stand to get some corn on the cob for our picnic diner. When we got home, they 'helped' me shuck the corn. As soon as the first two pieces were done, I realized that I was suddenly on my own with the rest of them, as the boys had moved on to eating theirs raw.





Peek-a-Boo!









I was so excited because the corn was somehow still warm when we got to the beach, it was delicious. I would have to say eating fresh, delicious, warm corn on the cob at the beach tops the list of great summertime activities.

We had a pretty big group. The Kreams were obviously there, with Andrew, Julian, and Jessica. Karen and little Timmy came. The Dorseys were there, and their friends Karen and Brent came with their kids Will and Olivia. Oh, and we were there too. We had a great time. We flew kites, chased seagulls, played in the sand, walked the beach, collected rocks and sea glass, and a few crazies even went in the freezing water. :o)













This is Darius walking to Luis, right before he fell and headbutted Luis in a very sensitive area :o)































Nice Rue!












Taye had a ton of fun playing with Olivia.















As we were getting ready to leave, Jon came back from putting things in the car to tell us that the storm we could see approaching was just on the other side of the parking lot. It was so cool, we could see lightning flashes, and darker areas where the storm had already touched down. By the time we left the parking lot it had started to drizzle, and just up the street we reached the storm.







We went to Farfar's, where the boys took turns playing greeter to the other customers, and of course we had ice cream. After a while we realized it was time to start the long ride home, and said our goodbyes. The boys (all three) slept the whole way home, tired but happy.

No comments: