Friday, February 12, 2010

Too Big

Lately I find Mya is doing many things that make her seem just a bit older than I think she should be. She is non-stop motion (much like a certain big brother) and practically lives on top of the dining room table, despite falling off twice. She has been going up the stairs forever, but yelling for us when she wants to come down. Yesterday I heard her calling, and by the time I got there, she was backwards with her feet on the top step. I stopped halfway to see what she would do, and she proceeded to crawl down as if she had been doing it for months.

She has also become quite the chatterbox. She loves Frog, and even more, she loves bossing him around. She has always liked to give him treats, pointing to the bag and saying, "puppy?" when she wants one. Now she holds it up and says "sit! sit!" She doesn't actually wait for him to sit, but she's getting there. She will also throw her arm out and yell "go!" if he is pestering her. If I ask for a hug, she throws her arms around my neck and says, "ooooh" and when she gives kisses, she loudly says "muah!" She likes to show us things of interest, holding them out and saying "see? see?" When I tell her it's time for a nap, she heads straight up the stairs, pulls me through the gate (in case I can't quite make it on my own), shuts it behind us, does the same with the bedroom door, then climbs up onto the bed and over to her spot. When we're both lying down, she askes for the "bay" (blanket) and "mi" (milk). She does all of this as if she were on a very serious mission. It cracks me up to see such a tiny bug working with such purpose. If she is having a hard time winding down, and I tell her she needs to go to sleep, she closes her eyes and fake snores. She is not so babyish anymore, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, but I like her either way.

1 comment:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

It really does happen overnight, doesn't it?
I miss her, and you, and your boys.
Kiss each other from me.