Friday, February 12, 2010

It's been a while...

since I showed off some craftiness, so here goes.

I have been trying to find the perfect pattern for baby booties for the longest time, and not having any luck. It seems like all the really cute ones are either crocheted, or use double pointed knitting needles, and I don't want to go there. So I finally decided to just make my own darn pattern. I spent a long time envisioning before I began, and finally I got to work on these:


They came out just the way I wanted, and I was so excited. I couldn't stop there, and since I had the basic pattern down, it was easy to make a few other variations. I made these for Ella (if they're the right size) - little Mary Jane style:


This one (I haven't finished the other yet) was actually a mistake, I meant to have the straps doing something else, but I love the way they turned out. I think this is my favorite so far:


I have at least 2 more styles to do, and I can't knit fast enough. I'm also excited because since it is my own pattern, I can write up the pattern on Photoshop, and sell them in my shop!

1 comment:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

I LOVE the last one the best, too. They are all awesome, but that one just speaks to me.
You are amazingly talented, Amy!