Monday, February 22, 2010

Fashion Show

Every time I see fabric listed on Freecycle, I ask for it, even though I don't really sew. Because I like fabric, and someday I may sew, and I have people who will sew for me. The vast majority of the fabric gets passed along, but there is usually at least one piece that I love and want to keep. Last week, there was a flurry of pattern searching and buying, and sewing awesomeness done by Tia. We got everything this weekend, and Mya modeled for the camera.

Probably a year ago, I got a huge piece of fabric, which we have affectionately called "the ugly fabric" from the beginning. It's so hideous that it's awesome, I loved it. I instantly knew I needed it to be made into something for Mya. I then decided -- you may want to sit down -- that what it should be is a dress for Mya. I gave it to Tia, and we worked on finding the perfect pattern. I wish this picture wasn't blurry because it came out so cute.


I also had a second 'ugly fabric' though not as wonderfully ugly as the first. I found a pattern for a tunic online that I loved, and asked Tia to make 2 of them. This one has the ugly fabric #2 as the trim (and I think it's my favorite):


This other tunic is made from 2 purples that I got together, and quite honestly, the trim on this is a pretty ugly fabric as well. I love the color of the main shirt:


Last, but not least, is this awesome kimono coat. It has super soft fleece on the outside, and is lined with my favorite ugly fabric. I love the way it wraps, I love the hood, I love it. Now we just need it to be a bit warmer so she can wear it!


And then, as you can see, the fashion show was over!


Thanks Tia!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! Wow.. kind of big on her though, huh! It's ok. She can grow into them :)

You are welcome!!! Thanks for the fashion show
:-D