Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ah, Darius...


How could you not love that face?
Darius is like the little peacekeeper of the family -- well, when he's not causing trouble, anyway ;o). He has no problem being the perpetual sidekick in Taye's constant role playing games, he is quick to help out, he dotes on Mya, he let's Taye win. He likes to tell me, "Mama, it's good to be here" and has taken to barking out "Mama, I love ya!" He had the waitress at Friendly's laughing one time when she overheard him say, "Mama, I love you, but can we have ice cream now?" Well, when you put it that way...
He loves to make people laugh, and his giggle is infectious. We've been telling a lot of really funny jokes around here lately. Knock-knock jokes in particular. After hearing the "Orange you glad I didn't say banana" one a few times, Darius made up his own:
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Guitar.
Guitar, who?
Guitar you glad I didn't say vacuum?
Some may say he was just using random objects from around the room, but I choose to believe he meant for it to work that well. He is pretty darn smart, after all.
Last week the kids were going to Nana's for a few hours. As we were getting ready, I joked with Darius and told him he had to stay home.
Me: "Nana said you can't come, she changed her mind."
Darius: "No she didn't, she still has the same mind!"
(What he doesn't know is that she actually lost it a long, long time ago...it's all Uncle Bunny's fault, I had nothing to do with it!)
Lately I've noticed that almost all his "babyness" is gone, he is definitely a big kid. But no matter how big he gets, he is still totally squishable. He still likes to snuggle, and that's fine by me. Speaking of squishable, I could still sit and watch this video of him all day long:
I can't be the only one. He is yummy.

No comments: