Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Homeschoolers lack socialization..."

HAHAHA!! As of today, the boys officially have more friends than I do!

We recently joined a homeschooling group in our area. I wasn't sure at first if the kids were too young, as they're not even school-age yet, but I was assured that there were several kids their ages in the group already. We signed up months ago, but I mentioned that it would probably be a while before I was able to make it out to meet everyone. Last week was the first time we went. One of the ladies hosted the group at her house. It ended up being a small gathering, just her family, one other family, and us. It was great to meet them, and the boys had so much fun that they didn't want to leave.

Today the woman who started the group had a get together at her house. We had a Charile Brown's Thanksgiving potluck. I think almost the entire group showed up, thank goodness she had a big house! If I am remembering correctly, there were 8 Mamas with 21 kids there. Mya was the youngest, there is another baby who is 5 months olds. There were three 2-year-olds, and several 3-4 year olds. Most of the kids are in the 5-8 year old range, I think.
Anyway, I hardly saw the boys, as they disappeared upstairs, and only briefly emerged for some food. It was so great to meet everyone, I felt almost instantly comfortable with them all. We stayed for hours, and once again when it was time to leave the boys did not want to go. I suppose thats a good thing...

I finally dropped my good camera off for a cleaning, so these shots are terrible, but here is a good portion of the group snacking together:

Darius and his 2-year-olds gang checking out the turtle:

I can't wait to see what we do next. I've been wanting to join a group for so long, but something always held me back. I am glad now that I finally went ahead and just did it.

No comments: