Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Toddler Math

Today, a miracle occurred. I was trying to get Darius down for a nap, and Taye was playing on the bed, when suddenly this happened:



I knew that I would come to regret it, but I chose to be happy. I can only remember one other time that they both napped at the same time (other than in the car - and thats no break!) I even fantasized about actually taking a break. You know, lying in bed listening to my music, and *maybe* just maybe falling asleep. Then I remembered - we are going to Rochester in two days, and then three days after we get home we are having a birthday party with 40 people. You could say I have a lot to do! They slept for an hour and a half, and I cleaned, and I STILL have tons to do. Then, to top it all, Taye did not fall asleep tonight until 11:45pm. How in the world a 1 1/2 hour nap makes a child stay awake 3 1/2 hours later, I do not know. It must be that new toddler math. Go figure.

No comments: