Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day Dada!!

We had such a nice weekend. The weather was gorgeous all weekend long, which hasn't happened in a while. We have been getting a lot of weekend rain. Saturday we sold our elliptical machine for $300 - woohoo! Not a bad start to the weekend, I'd say. Since we were in the area, we got the Subaru inspected at Larry's (Dominic passed us, fortunately). Then we headed to the Dorsey's. Drew had to work at summer camp all day so it was just Jean and the kids at first. We stayed until almost 8pm, mostly playing in the yard. I swear we spend about 90% of our time outside these days. I love it!

We just finished fencing in the back yard at home, so now we have even more space to run around in. The back yard has actually shaped up really nicely. We put a slide off of the back stairs landing, which is just awesome. We have Joshua and Andrew's old swing set, which we're just going to repaint, and hopefully hold off the rust for a few more years. We have Darius' new Little Tikes rocket slide that he got for an early birthday present. And an assortment of other toys. Mom just got the boys some toys today, one of which was a tee-ball set. Taye is actually pretty good at it. He likes to knock the ball off. At one point, he even found his Tonka work helmet, and put that on before strolling up to the plate. He really cracks us up sometimes.

We had two visits from puppies today. In the morning we were on the porch when we noticed that Dunkin was wandering around the neighborhood, so we called him up onto the porch. Then in the afternoon, we were in the backyard and Fran next door came over with the cutest little puppy. Her name is Sophie, and she belongs to one of his kids' friends. He said she is a chocolate lab, but I really think she must have some spaniel or setter in her because she had long floppy ears and curly fur on her ears and legs. Anyway, she was so cute with Taye. He loved playig with both of the dogs, he'd just run around with them laughing. Darius is not so sure about dogs, he likes them, but only on his terms. Even with Dammit when she was over, he would laugh and reach for her when he saw her, but if she came near him or barked when we weren't around, he would cry and cry. So I guess you could say he loves them as long as we are holding him!

We didn't do much of anything today. Luis actually slept in, all the way until 8:30...which I kind of feel is like a waste of sleeping in. But then again, it is about 5 hours later than he usually wakes up, so I guess its ok. We made him banana pancakes and eggs for breakfast, and then around 10, the four of us went for a walk. We were heading to the Strawberry Festival at the church, its like a craft fair/bazaar type thing. We decided to take the long way and travel my normal walk route before reaching the church. The boys and I have been going on hour-long walks in the mornings lately. So anyway, we got to the church around 11 and it was just ending - oh well! After that we just stayed home. We played outside ALL day, only coming in to eat, and finally for baths and bed. It was a great, relaxing day. In fact, we were so relaxed that it JUST occurred to me I didn't even call my own father! I feel really bad, if you ever read this - sorry dad!!! I'll call you for your birthday.

Speaking of whom, he just told me the other day that they will now be moving to Arizona within the next year, and possibly in as soon as a couple of months. We obviously knew it was coming, but not so soon. I think it sucks, I think my kids are going to be missing out on having their Buppa around. I just don't get how anyone can want to move so far from their whole family, no matter how nice the weather may be.

I have some cute stories and pictures I want to share, but not tonight. I find myself staying up so late these days, as much as I always say I am going to go to bed at a reasonable hour. I just feel like now is the time to get caught up on all the things I need/want to do outside of mothering and household duties. Anyway, I can feel that I am wearing myself out, and it is already almost midnight, so I am off to bed. And I will go ot bed early tomorrow - really.

No comments: