Wednesday, July 4, 2007

One of those moments

I want to remember forever.

Last night was the Needham fireworks. We spent the evening there as always. Just before it got really dark, I sat with Darius cradled on my lap and nursed him. I couldn't get over how peaceful it was. The weather was perfect, absolutely gorgeous. The first five minutes of the fireworks I had both boys on my lap, and Luis was kneeling beside us. The boys were both enchanted. Taye kept saying "oooh, pretty!" and "noisy fireworks!" and laughing at them. At one point when they set off a bunch at once, Darius stared up and said "ooooh!" with his little mouth in a perfect 'O'. The whole time I looked and listened, wanting to absorb everything. It was such a joyful experience, I knew I wanted to be able to remember it forever. It was absolutely perfect, my new happy place. Just thinking about it makes me feel so happy and peaceful.

No comments: