Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fun and Games

I learned a new fun game today - its called throwing a wipe at your brother. We were coming home from Market Basket, and the boys were in the back seat laughing almost the whole way home. I looked back a few times and finally figured out what they were doing. Darius had gotten a hold of a wipe, and tossed it into Taye's seat (we find he does that with a lot of things he has no use for). Taye laughed and threw it back into Darius' lap. This went on the whole ride home, they were both hysterical.

Another fun car game is grabbing your brother's hand and pulling until it slips out of your grip. Thats their oldest game. Another new one is that Darius wil clap (his new favorite trick) and Taye will stick his hand between Darius' so Darius is basically slapping Taye. They both think all of these game are hilarious.

I remember asking Jean once when Darius was a baby (or maybe even before he was born) if she thought they would be sad when Darius turned one and we had to move his seat around. We can't fit them right next to eachother if they're both facing forward. Jean guessed we would move them apart even before that because they would fight and drive eachother (and us) crazy. I think I can remember twice that they fought, both times Darius was trying to grab something from Taye. More often than not they play in the car. I hope they don't miss it too much when we move him, but I know I will. I can't think of anything better than my boys having fun together. Well, except maybe this:





But, they don't just play in the car, they are starting to play together a lot more now. They will sometimes share the cozy coupe when we're on the porch, although it is not unheard of for Taye to drive off, knocking Darius down (and sometimes running over toes) in the process.




Darius also really loves to chase Taye. I'll hold his hands and say "Where is he? Go get him!" and Darius will take of 'running'. Taye sees him coming and runs away, laughing the whole time. When we catch him, Darius will dive on top of him, and as soon as Taye can break free he'll run away again. This will be even more fun when Darius can chase Taye himself, and I can just watch! Darius also likes to catch Taye in the bed. He will scoot over next to Taye and then throw himself onto Taye. He's pretty good at pinning Taye down too. We're having a blast. I'm so glad they can play together now, I love the ages they are at, they make my day.

No comments: