Friday, July 27, 2007

Davis' Farmland

Yesterday we met Rue and Rowan at Davis' Farmland. It was HOT, but a lot of fun. I thought it was so funny that all the animals were in pens, but we saw several 'escape' and no one seemed to mind. There were sheep and gotas (and chickens) wandering around the whole place.







This one looked like he was just gonna jump out.



The sell little cups of food for you to give the animals, and it seemed like at every pen they would line up when they saw us coming. Good thing Rowan had food for them!











They had a play area set up that I thought we would never escape from. There were far too many vehicles for Taye to play with.













But eventually we did move on. And its a good thing we did, or we would never have been able to see this guy:









The poor thing was just funny looking from every angle. I thought it looked like something out of Dr. Seuss. When we got home I told Luis I had to show him a picture, that he would not believe what they did to one of his countrymen. (I'm bad, I know). I thought it was a llama, but apparently its an alpaca, and they shave them like that every year, so Luis was not impressed.

There were so many baby animals everywhere, the tiny baby sheep was my favorite.







This poor goat climbed up on the chair. I didn't think it looked like a good idea, but who am I to tell him what to do? Taye joined him on the chair, and the goat then tried to get onto a different chair. He stepped onto the arm of the other chair, which caused it to tip, whack him in the head, and dump him on the ground. He decided he was done with the chairs.






After we finished with the animals, we headed over to the water park to cool down. The boys got pretty wet, which surprised me since they really didn't get into it much. We spent maybe 20 minutes there and then headed home. Luis later yelled at me for getting a sunburn, he's very bossy. All in all it was a fun day.

No comments: