Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today

Today was a very tough day. The boys decided that 6:30 would be a great time to start this tough day. I've decided that it probably wouldn't have been such a tough day if we hadn't started it so early. The morning started off like any other, we got dressed, ate breakfast, and went for a walk. Darius was a little more grumpy than usual, but he also slept almost the entire walk, so I assumed he was tired. I figured since he slept for almost an hour that he would feel better after we got home. I was wrong.

He apparently did not feel better, he was miserable all morning. He took a nap at one, and was still miserable after he woke up. He would get upset over something, I'd pick him up, hold him, make him feel better. He would climb down off my lap and five minutes later something else went wrong. Now, Luis wasn't home more than five minutes when he said 'maybe he's teething.' Duh. He probably is, and I suck as a mother because I never think of teething. I didn't with Taye, and I don't with Darius, its no wonder he was so miserable. The rest of the evening he seemed to feel much better.

Of course that led us into Taye's usual meltdown time. For some reason Taye seems to have a really difficult time every day right around the time Luis gets home. I don't know if its the transition, or the fact he doesn't nap and is just lagging at that time, or because I get distracted talking to Luis and then making dinner and he is needing more attention from me. It could be all three, or something else entirely. But either way, its not a whole lot of fun for anyone. Dinner was peaceful and nice, and afterwards I took the boys to the grocery store while Luis worked on the bathroom wall. From that point on I'd say it was a good day. That last hour. And now they're in bed :o) Forgive me for being slightly relieved and happy. I do love them very much.

Just to show it wasn't all bad, we had a carwash in the driveway today. It wasn't as big a hit as I had anticipated, but Taye was happy to get to run around in the front yard for a change, and Darius loves to play with water. So it bought us 45 minutes or so of peace (and some good pictures).













The spray bottle is lots of fun...



especially when you drop it in the bucket!



And just for good measure (I'm sure that tree is filthy, excuse me was filthy)...



Darius' new pet:



Taye fed some sticks to our car, apparently it was hungry. Taye should know, he speaks car.





"Yum, yum, yum!" the car proclaimed.





No comments: