Sunday, July 8, 2007

Taye has been going through a mental growth spurt or something lately. In the last week he has learned all the basic colors. He loves to go around and point out "purple flowers" or a "red truck." It truly seemed like he taught himself, I didn't really try to teach him, he just started pointing out colors. It is amazing how they learn. He is also talking all the time now. He is saying a lot more sentences, and will repeat almost anything I say to him. If I ask him "Do you want to go inside and get some juice?" He'll say "Want to go inside, get some juice." The other day as we were getting ready to go to Rochester, he came in the room and said "Dada's getting dressed" which struck us as funny, though I'm not quite sure why. He's picking things up left and right. Darius got a ride-on caterpillar for his birthday and at first Taye called it a butterfly. I told him its a caterpillar, so now he calls it a 'butterpillar.' Thats my new favorite Taye word.

We have all taken turns being sick this week, Darius and I were absolutely miserable yesterday. We ended up heading to the ER because he couldn't sleep and I figured if he felt half as bad as I did, he shoud see someone in case there was something they could do to make him feel better. Of course it was a wasted trip, they said its most likely a virus and has to work itself out. They did a swab for strep just in case, but the doctor doesn't think he has it. We'll know for sure tomorrow. He did eventually fall asleep once we got home and slept very well. I felt much better this morning, and he seemed to as well, so I think we're over it by now.

I want to write about Darius' party and the rest of this week, but I haven't had a chance to load my pictures and its late now, so I will try to get it done tomorrow.

No comments: