Saturday, July 14, 2007

Darius' Birthday

I finally loaded my pictures online. I have already mentioned that Taye was sick on Darius' birthday. We had the party anyway, and everyone decided to brave the germs and come. I spent much of the party in with Taye, but when he would fall asleep I came out. The food was a near disaster - our grill didn't work! And, you know, it was a BBQ. I made the kabobs in the broiler (which I was going to do anyway) and then Val and Luis took over the rest. They did the chicken in the broiler, the hot dogs in the Geroge Forman grill, and the burgers on the griddle. Other than that, the party went off without a hitch. Everyone said we have a very fun backyard, they especially loved the slide. Taye came out for a little while, and seemed a million times better - until he threw up all over Daddy and the kitchen. We disappeared back into the bedroom, and Jean and Luis cleaned up then got the activities going. I hear the pinata broke after only 4 kids, leaving the head of a lion hanging on our porch.



Taye and I hovered in the doorway of the bedroom for the cake.



Everyone agreed Darius was far too neat in the cake eating.



Apparently he decided he would rather a piece of the big cake, so he grabbed one for himself!



After a short time, he had had enough.

Just for comparison, here is Taye after finishing his first birthday cake.



The Sullivan side left shortly after the cake, and we watched Shrek with the Ridlens. We opened the rest of Darius' presents (he got a lot of his gifts early) and Daddy decided to put the Cozy Coupe together. Darius thought it was tons of fun whether it was assembled or not.



All in all it was a good day. Darius and I didn't get sick until two whole days later! Whew!

No comments: