Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's Done! It's Done!

Since we moved in (10 months ago...) we have been crashing with Mya in her room. The thinking being that then we could leave our room empty and get it finished really quickly. So now, 10 months later, it is done!!

I can't believe I don't have before pictures of this room. If you didn't see it, just picture the most orange room you can imagine - and multiply it by 10. It had nasty bright orange carpet, and this odd bright orange and yellow, stripy and spotty wallpaper. You just can't even imagine.

But not any more! The walls are painted "River Mud" which Luis originally vetoed for the living room. When I asked his opinion on the paint for the bedroom, I got a 'whatever' attitude - which meant the bedroom had to be River Mud. Duh. We painted the ceiling, all the trim, the walls, and the floor. With all the white trim, the room isn't dark at all, I love it.



Luis cut into my giant closet to make this bookshelf, easily my favorite part of the room.



Now, for the furniture! We have a huge, heavy, totally cozy denimn comforter which I refuse to part with. Since I didn't think denimn blue would look very nice with the color of the walls (and since I suddenly care about these things) I searched high and low for a duvet cover.



Not only does it look worlds better, it has the added bonus of making the comforter even heavier, and therefore cozier!



We each have our own closets, so my clothes don't catch cooties from his...



Not only are my clothes out of a cardboard box for the first time in 10 months, but around the corner, in the depths of this closet (behind the book shelf) there are 3 big, deep shelves. One of which is entirely full of yarn. Another holds my other miscellaneous craft stuff, and the bottom one houses shoes.



The book shelf has plenty of room for more books, though for now I'm really loving the top shelf:


The middle is one of my new Peruvian vases.

I think I could live in this room and never leave.