Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BFFFs

Last week our BFFFs (Best Friends From Florida) came over for a visit. I, for one, was super-giddy excited about it.

The back yard was the first thing to catch the kids' eyes. They spent a good long time out there, while lunch was cooking. There are some who say our yard is like an amusement park. I read that somewhere. The kids all seemed to have fun.



They did agree to come in for lunch, we had delicious black bean stew. Olivia was amazed that I can actually cook.



And here is my baby Goddaughter, she was a fan as well (and happy to be back in her rightful spot - in her highchair we "borrowed.")


After lunch, they decided that the house was as much fun as outside. After all, there is a swing, what more could 6 kids want?


They also played our "new" (Salvation Army score) game - Monkey Tumble. Its just like Ker-Plunk, but with monkeys instead of marbles, which makes it way better.


These well-trained monkeys knew just what to do when the camera flash went off. I got lots of unprompted "cheeeeese!" faces, and goofy giggles.
All in all, it was a great day. We can't wait to take our trip down to visit them in Florida.

I'm kicking myself a bit now, because we didn't get a picture of the six of them together. This is the closest I have (Mya was too busy hogging Matt to join in). It seems like just yesterday it was Tia and I. Then we let that Matt guy start hanging around...and Luis came along...and that's when all the trouble began. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: