Saturday, April 24, 2010

When I was a kid...

Yesterday, we were heading out to WalMart, and I told the boys they could pick a "video" from the Red Box when we were finished.

Taye: "They're not videos, they're DVD's!"

Me: "Oh, you're right..."

Taye: "The old ones are called videos, and the new ones are called DVD's."

Me: "I know. Did you know that when I was a kid, we didn't even have DVD's? We just had videos."

Taye: "So they didn't have the Red machine, because that only has DVD's?"

Me: "Right. And we didn't have Netflix either."

Taye: "Awww! That's no fun! Why did the world have to be that way?!"

1 comment:

Penny Lane said...

That is an excellent question! LOL

Emma always asks me if I played this or that game when I was a kid and she's always amazed that they didn't have those games when I was little...I do think she feels sorry for me!