Saturday, April 3, 2010

Did I mention - outside?

Today was a gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, nice day. It was hot and sunny, and there was not a flake of snow to be found. In other words, perfect. We got a ton done, including hauling a bunch of ugly junk from the yard to the dump, and putting together the awesome dome climber that Buppa gave the kids for their collective birthdays. I really did most of the work, I just let Luis pose for the picture.



Taye was so anxious to climb it, we had to repeatedly remind him that he couldn't climb until it was all done. When it was finally done, he was at the top in record time.



And practicing his new daredevil moves - no hands! (On a side note, look at my pretty woods. There's a river back there, you know.)



The neighbors were out working in their yard too, and at one point the boys noticed the scratching noise under the fence (Mark was weeding). They discussed whether it might be one of the dogs, and decided it wasn't. Taye asked me what it was, and I told him "probably a monster..." He laughed and told me it wasn't. A minute later, Darius started in, "But Taye, look at those big feet! Those big feet look like monster feet." Luis and I were giggling the whole time, and after a minute, Mark caught on. He started talking in a growly 'monster' voice. The boys loved it, and made sure to tell me later that I was wrong, the monster was just Mark.



Meanwhile, Mya learned a new trick. Drumroll, please...



and she stuck the landing - ta-dah!


Rinse and repeat a dozen times. All in all, a great day.

No comments: