Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

We had an awesome Easter. It was one of the most fun days we've had in a long time. The kids got up at their usual time, and went downstairs to find their baskets. It didn't take long - I'll have to make it harder next year. When Taye found his basket, he said to me - "Thank you for this best Easter ever!"



After breakfast we had an egg hunt in the yard. We invited our neighbor's grandson Kyle and his stepbrother Nathaniel, as well as Keyeanna, over to hunt with us. The kids all had a great time, and got an insane amount of candy.




They spent the rest of the morning in the back yard, playing with the new jungle gym, the swingset, the sand box, and various fun toys.




The stomp rocket Tia sent for Taye's birthday was a huge hit. The kids even set it up at the foot of the slide so they could slide down and make the rocket fly (sadly, it didn't work).




After a while, Kyle broke out his fun toy, a kid-sized ATV (I think my kids are the only ones around here who don't have one):




Taye came running in while I was cooking lunch to tell me, "I'm going to get a plastic ATV thing like Kyle has!" "Oh, really?" I asked, "Says who?" "Kyle!" I thought it was really sweet of him to offer his to Taye, but we couldn't possibly accept. ;o)




The two of them had a great time together. At one point, Kyle put his arm around Taye and said, "Mom, now I have a best friend!"

After lunch we all went to Nana B. and Grandad's house. The kids spent the entire party outside there as well. They mostly had big kids to play with there, but they never mind that. Plus, Super Cookie was there, so what more could they ask for?


No comments: