Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Darius' Party

Due to a variety of circumstances, Darius' party ended up being the smallest gathering ever. Or, as I like to think of it, an exclusive get-together for the people who love him most. The Dorseys, Judy, Justice, and Libby were our guests, and we all had a great time together.



The night before, I asked Darius what he wanted on his cake. He told me, "a key, a dollhouse made of wood, and all the candy from my piñata." Mmm-kay, here ya go!





There were the usual festivities; the piñata (I did leave some candy in it, 5lbs. won't fit on a small cake!)



Speaking of which, do the math - 6 candy-eating kids (well, 7 - we saved some for Keyeanna) split a 5lb. bag of candy. That's a bit much, I'm thinking...though I doubt they'd agree!



After the candy was divided, we moved inside for some more sugar. In the form of homemade chocolate cake, with just a little toddler spit. :o)



Judging from the pictures, I'd say that was a hit as well.



Clearly someone missed out on the sugar rush...



There was more time spent playing outside, and to wrap it all up, a tour of the new house (with a freshly painted living room, thanks Mom!)



After the crew had left, Nana and Jim gave Darius his presents, and took us all out for dinner. Oh, how I wish I could share those photos, but they are on my cell phone and the cable to connect it to the computer is is some box, somewhere. Let's just say I may have mentioned to the waitress at the Texas Roadhouse that we were celebrating a couple of birthdays. If you've ever been there, you know what that means. Pictures to come, I promise!

No comments: