Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Keeping cool

The weather these last few days has been brutal (though yes, for the record, still way better than snow). We've all been roasting, and I've been trying to come up with ways to keep the boys cool. Taye is tough because he gets so hot, but doesn't like the pool, or getting wet in general. Sunday I filled the kiddie pool in the backyard. Darius loved it:


Taye contemplated getting in, but decided against it.


He opted instead for the 'forest' in our backyard, aka his 'tree house.' Doesn't it look like a lush paradise?


After a while we broke out the ice cream - thats something we could all get into :o)


Monday I filled pots and buckets with water, bubbles, and toys and brought them out onto the porch. Again, Darius got right into it. Taye mostly watched and found other things to do, but he did play a little. We were one step closer.


I finally remembered something Taye does like, and we went to get some cheap spray bottles. Those did the trick - Taye hasn't stopped spraying himself, me, the porch, Darius, etc. since we brought them home. The spray bottles have saved the day - for now. If they fail me for some reason, I figure he can just move into the bath tub. He loves baths, but not kiddie pools...of course.

No comments: