Friday, April 11, 2008

The Return of Happy Feet

Since it was so gorgeous yesterday, we decided to pack a lunch and head to Dunn Park. Lately when we go there, Taye says we're going camping, though I can't figure out why...


We all have fun, but I think Taye has the best time of all. He doesn't stop moving from the time we get out of the parking lot until it is time to leave. And when I say 'moving' I basically mean 'running.' We generally have to split up, since he has no patience to wait for the stragglers (usually me and Darius). But we don't need him, we have fun on our own! Throwing leaves in the pond:


This was Taye's idea of joining us for lunch -


Which he finally decided to take on the road:


After a while, we decided to check out the path around the pond. We'd never been around before, and weren't sure how far we'd go (it is a big pond) but we figured it would be worth a shot. We ended up making it all the way around, and it was so much fun.


Darius kept up his leisurely pace, collecting leaves as he went, and eventually requesting to be carried.


This is mostly what we saw of Taye:


Maybe halfway around the pond, we found a surpise - a lovely little river. It was such a nice spot, we decided to take a break there for a few minutes.


There was also a small dock nearby, this trip was full of fun surprises:


A little further on, we found an even bigger river with a waterfall! I cannot tell you how excited I am to go back and picnic near one of the rivers. I love rivers, I wish I had known sooner that they were there.


Near the end of the trail, things started to get a little hairy. Both boys wanted to be carried - by me. Which, needless to say, was basically impossible at that point. So we decided on the next best thing, a snack break - a chance to refuel, to relax...to impersonate the Karate Kid:


It did the trick. We finished the trail and headed home.
After Darius woke up from his nap, the boys and I played on the porch, and then moved on to the backyard. We were out until dinner time. Taye decided to play 'a la Declan' and so by the time we came in, there they were...those happy (dirty, disgusting) feet!


Resulting in the playing of a new favorite game - 'baby boats':


I can feel it coming...

No comments: