Friday, April 11, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

I'm not going to say that the "S" word is over or the year (because you know that would mean its not), but we have been enjoying the reprieve in the meantime. Last week we went to the Dorseys house, and spent our first real chunk of time outdoors this year. The boys had the best time. After playing in the yard, in the wind and drizzle, we all took a walk down to the beach. I don't know what was more fun - the walk over with puddles galore - or the beach itself. (OK, probably the beach.)


At the beach, there was so much to do - sliding down algae-covered rocks:


Surfing:


And smooching:


Of course, the kids all had to jump into the water (with sneakers on, in my boys' case).


Other than all that, we mostly sat around and looked cute:


On the way home, there were even more puddles!


Pop quiz for Penny - quick! What are these?


We had so much fun that Taye did not want to leave. My prediction that he would be asleep by the time we reached Route 3 was incorrect. Instead he spent the first 25 minutes of the ride crying periodically and saying, "I can't go home, Mama! I can't go home I said!" :o(
A couple of days later, we spent some time in our own backyard, and have since made a habit of it. Darius was hesitant at first, but soon discovered the joy of sending trucks down our awesome big slide. Then he figured he'd try that sliding thing himself (though not on that insane big one - does he look crazy to you?!?)


As you can see, that sliding thing takes a lot of concentration! When Taye wasn't busy in the "bushes:"


Or in his "treehouse:"


He joined Darius for some sliding.


So we're at least getting there in the weather department, and we've been taking full advantage. However, I ordered these awesome prints for the boys room (I got the whale, the goldfish, and the turtle) and the woman told me she would try to ship them today, but they were predicting a blizzard in Minneapolis this morning, so she wasn't sure she would be able to. As far as I'm concerned, if it is still snowing anywhere in the United States, then we are not in the clear yet! Maybe I'll relax sometime in June :o)

1 comment:

Penny Lady said...

Those are Brants.

I miss your babies so much Amy.