Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Drumroll, please...

The train table, as I have mentioned, is finished, and is ready for its big unveiling. I think they're going to hate it :o)

Buppa the Builder:


Here is the finished frame and top:


Then we had to glue and screw the track on top to make sure they don't fall off when the top is flipped:


That was the end of a long days work at the shop (for Buppa, I made blocks). When we got it home, the real fun began. I started by painting a nice green around the tracks:


Then I took a darker green and sponged that over the green base to make it look more like grass:


The end result:


Next I painted the chalkboard side (picture below) and then the frame. I just chose an off-white for the frame, so it would match the green and the black of the chalkboard paint:


Knowing Buppa will be checking, I even painted inside the corners:



The other night Luis and I painted the little wooden chairs with the rest of the green paint. I also made these bags several weeks ago to hole all the pieces when its time to flip the top over:



One is just a big sack for holding the train pieces...


and the other has a big pouch for paper, and a smaller pouch for the chalk and eraser:


So here it is, the completed project! The chalkboard side:

And the train side (complete with chairs):


I even set up all the pieces so that you, my adoring public, could see the whole package. :o) Plus, the houses are kind of pointless, and I'm planning on just throwing them in with the blocks since I think they'll get more use that way, so it may never be set up this nicely again!


Its kind of a silly set anyway, look at the proportions!


And the train jumpers (kids, do not try this at home, very dangerous!)

We also found Sasquatch living in the little town's forest:

These guys saw him and just fainted dead away:

And since we all know he is going to end up there anyway, we sent Mack on a test run.


OK, clearly I had too much time on my hands last night while setting this up and taking pictures. What can I say, I guess I should start a new project!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy you freakin ROC! apparently you are a superhero in your spare time

Penny Lady said...

This is GREAT Amy...seriously awesome...Emma cannot WAIT to visit again and play with that thing!!!

babygirlhoarder said...

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is unbelievable! Wow what a good job you guys did! You had so many good ideas... who would have thought to make it reversible with a chalkboard side! You're such a crackhead! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen!