Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tomatos

Our neighbors have a garden, and the other day they gave us a ton of tomatos. Most of them were huge cherry tomatos, but they also gave us several large tomatos. Darius likes tomatos. The cherry tomatos were in an uncovered Gladware in the fridge to keep the fruit flies away. Last night I went to get something out of the fridge, and noticed the container was empty except for a few tomato seeds. I cannot prove who the culprit was, but I have my suspicions. Of course, he cannot open the fridge himself, which leads me to believe that he had an accomplice.
Then this afternoon I was making lunch, and Darius was sitting on the counter "helping" me by stirring a pot of 'fish crackers, ooh ohh ohh' and raisins. When that got old, he started looking around for something else to do. He spotted the big tomatos on the windowsill. He grabbed one and proceeded to eat about half of it, only pausing periodically to proclaim, "Mmm!"


Later, we were out on the porch, and the neighbors asked if we wanted some more tomatos. I told them about Darius, and Andrew brought over a cherry tomato for him. He wouldn't take it from anyone but me, and then only held it until they left. Once they were gone, he went to town.

No comments: