Friday, September 14, 2007

Sooo popular

We have been very popular this week. Monday we went to see Gramma and Grampa, and had a great lunch with them at Friendly's. I am sure the boys' less than appetizing eating habits were somewhat horrifying, but they hardly batted an eyelash. None of us really like ice cream (wink, wink) but we managed to suffer through (and psst...Gramma, the CD's worked, so thanks again!) We then went to see Auntie Jackie at work, stopped by to visit Buppa, and then had dinner with Nana. It was a very busy, but fun day.

Tuesday we went to see the Dorsey's. We hadn't seen them in a long time, and we had a lot of fun. Taye and Darius both liked the new piano a lot.



Maeve and Declan took turns with the camera, taking some great pictures of the fun.


It looks like I'm picking my nose, but I'm not. And even if I was, that would be ok because my Grampa always told me I can pick my friends, and I can pick my nose, but I can't pick my friend's nose.

On Wednesday we met Tia, Olivia, and Eva at the playground in Lancaster. We almost didn't make it due to technical difficulties, but we are so glad that it worked out. We hadn't seen each other in months, and I can't even tell you how much fun we had. The kids had a blast, and just loved to play together. For the most part, anything one of them did, they all wanted to do together. This playground is one of my favorites, they have so many fun structures, it is all absolutely beautiful. There is a huge shaded sandbox full of sand toys, several picnic tables under nice shady trees, and you can see the whole playground from any spot you sit. Plus, both times I have gone it has been practically deserted (which I just don't understand, it is such a nice playground!)

Playing on the swings together.


I love these ride on toys, I just wish the tractor had 2 seats too.

Olivia thought it would be fun to have Taye ride with her. He didn't want to leave the tractor, but Darius decided to join her.

Once Taye realized he was missing all the fun, he decided to jump on too. He stayed for about 2 seconds. Long enough for me to take pictures, which is all I ask. :o)


They went on from there to the tire swing. Darius didn't really like it, so he was only on for a minute or so.

Once he was off, Taye and Olivia found a much more fun way to use the swing - standing in the middle and spinning it around.


While Tia and I were watching them, we realized that Darius had scooted off to play on the tractor. I don't know if you can see it, but here is a picture of the trail he left in the mulch. It starts in the lower left of the shot, moves up, and then curves to the right. Now you can say that you've seen the trail of a bum-scooter.



More fun on the playground...


I really can't even tell you how much these guys made us laugh, they are a couple of goofballs.



Olivia really wanted to go down this slide, but once she sat at the top she was a little nervous. She asked Tia to help her, and she tried, but she couldn't reach all the way up to the top. I am going to paraphrase a little here, because I can not possibly remember this entire request, but Olivia said, "Mama, can you stand over here, and put your hand up, and I can hold your hand, and you can walk with me, and help me go down the slide?" As I said, thats not an exact quote, but its pretty close... did I mention she is 2 1/2? In the end she decided to go down on her own, and she had fun.

I often wish some of that survival instict could be instilled upon the brothers Knievel (aka Taye and Darius). At some point Tia and I were chatting, no doubt about things of great importance, when we realized that Taye was heading up to the big twisty slide, with Darius just steps behind him.

In case you are having trouble visualizing the big twisty slide, let me show it to you in all its glory. That slide to the left, you know, the one that is only about 2/3 the height of the big twisty slide - that is the one Tia could not reach the top of, just to give you some perspective.
Now, obviously I hesitated long enough to snap a few pictures before rushing to the rescue, so I wasn't too concerned. However, I must admit, that slide makes me nervous when Taye is on it. The thought of Darius going down it alone is borderline terrifying for me. I got to him as he was sitting at the top, contemplating the descent. He turned and reached for me instead, phew! We came down the stairs, and decided to ride down the smaller twisty slide instead. Olivia thought that sounded like fun, so we all rode down together.
That was enough excitement for the moment, so we headed over to the sandbox for a while.

Baby Eva decided to wake up and join the party a few minutes before we left. She is a cutie!

When it was time to go, Olivia wanted to be carried, but Tia and I were both carrying so much that it just wasn't possble. I suggested she hold Taye's hand and walk with him. They both thought that was a good idea, and off we went. We had such a fun day!


Then, on Thursday, we met Judy and Justice at a playground in Fitchburg. The whole morning before we left, Taye was walking around the house saying, "Justice at the playground" which made me laugh because it sounds like some sort of kiddie crime novel. We had never been to this playground before, it was pretty fun, but I didn't get a ton of pictures.


This last picture I did not take, Taye and Justice did. I admit I don't see the significance in it, but there must be something about this shot because they took it about 47 times. If you figure it out, feel free to enlighten me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I loved your post! You have such a funny way of telling stories... I'm still laughing about Justice at the playground, the significance of the tree with trash under it and the Evel Kneivel brothers... LOL!!