Sunday, September 2, 2007

A strange but true fact...

My boys are 14 and 29 months old, and have basically never had a bath in a bathtub. The hot water pressure in our bathroom was so low it literally took 20 minutes to fill the tub to a reasonable level, and it was always just much easier to bathe them in the kitchen sink. But the plumber fixed the water pressure last week. Yesterday we stopped by our neighbors yard sale, and they gave the boys a set of little floating Sesame Street characters. Then, at WalMart, we found a bottle of Cars bubble bath, in the shape of the one and only red car. It seemed like a really good day to try a bath in the tub. They both loved it. When it was finally time to get out, I opened the drain and grabbed towels. Taye was lying in an inch or so of water saying, "I'm cold! I'm cold!" So I told him to get out and I would wrap him in the towel and make him cozy. He did, and as soon as I had wrapped him up he said, "Have another bath?" He even laughed when I was washing his hair and got water in his face. Normally that is a huge trauma. I guess you could say it was a hit!

No comments: