Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More Q.T. (Quotable Taye)

This is a new favorite; the other night the four of us went grocery shopping. As we were leaving the store, we walked by one of the employees who was out gathering the carriages. Being polite, we said hi as we walked by. Taye said, "Hi! Hi Bob!" We do not know that boy, maybe Taye does. Maybe his name is Bob, it could be. Maybe Taye and Bob get together for poker night once a week, who knows? Now we just like to walk around, and say "Hi Bob!" every now and then.

This morning it was cold, I sat at the computer singing some song I made up about how I was "freezing, freezing, freezing." Taye joined in with his song - "raisins, raisins, raisins."

On the way to the Children's Museum, I begain to fear that I was lost (I wasn't). I sat at a light, and talking to myself said, "I have no idea where I am." Taye piped up, "There you are!"

Tonight we were all hanging out in the bedroom, when Darius decided to scoot off to the living room. We jokingly told Taye to go get him, and he ran out of the room yelling, "Darius, get back here!"

I don't know if other people will find these things funny, but we do. I was telling Luis the other night how so much of what Taye says cracks me up, yet I know if I told other people, they wouldn't get it. For example, lately he likes to tell me "I'm getting cold." I find it funny, or surprising is probably a better word, and it makes me laugh. He also likes to tell me when its "getting pretty dark" or when I hold him he'll say "I'm cozy." He's putting so many things together now, and I'm having so much fun waiting to see what will come out of his mouth next.

No comments: