Monday, September 20, 2010

Hiking

Last weekend we set out for a hike around one of the local lakes. I don't know why we don't do this more often. It's a great path for the kids, and there is so much to see.


There are a plethora of bridges throughout the path. Of course, I warned the kids about the trolls, but no matter what I said, they went trip-trapping willy-nilly all over the bridges. I think the trolls were on vacation, luckily for them.


There are also a couple piers which we just had to check out. The first one we went on, about halfway out, Frog suddenly dropped to his belly with his legs splayed out, as if he were holding on for dear life. He suddenly realized he wasn't on regular ground anymore (he is such a chicken!)



Despite the scare, I think Frog had the most fun of all. He would have stood in the water all day if we let him.

We're definitely hoping to get back again before the weather gets all cold and depressing.

No comments: