Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apple Picking

Sunday seemed like the perfect day for some apples, so we decided to go apple picking. Taye wasn't so sure he wanted to go, until we reminded him about climbing trees - then he was all for it!



We fed the animals, and Darius told me he's "never seen a goat before!" (Did I mention he lies a lot?)



I let it slide though, because he is one mean apple picker. We were barely out of the parking lot before he scored his first Mac.

Naturally, we picked and ate (and, uh - sat on) apples. And that was a lot of fun...

But the real excitement of the trip? We found raspberries under nearly every tree.


You would have thought that my kids were berry-deprived, and trust me - they're not! We couldn't tear them away until every last berry had been picked and eaten.

I suppose this is as good a time as any to announce that we're having another baby. Luis in his infinite love and generosity has offered to carry the pregnancy this time. He's about 2 months along (I know it looks like more, there's a whole litter - its still a very new technology), we're very excited!!
In addition to apples and raspberries, there were pumpkins! I guess we've never ventured this far into the orchard before, because we didn't even know these were here. We didn't actually buy any pumpkins because it's nowhere near Halloween, and fall isn't really here yet, it's an illusion. Also, there's no such thing as winter.


Best of all, there was my favorite part of apple picking, the one thing that brings me back for overpriced apples year after year - the pictures. And this is a particularly awesome one, if I do say so myself.

No comments: