Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day

Last Thursday was Taye's first day of Kindergarten. Because I'm a good mom, I'm just posting about it now. He was excited to get ready, and to take the bus. Of course, we had his favorite Mario outfit clean and ready for him.


When he saw me taking pictures, Taye insisted that I get one of just his face. I love the expression.



The bus stop is at the end of our street, and we all walked down together. Daddy skipped his first class to come with us.


We met lots of new neighbors at the bus stop, and there were tons of kids to run around with (well, as much as you can run around on a street corner). When the bus came, Taye skipped right over with the other kids, and climbed up without even looking back. He was much more ready than I was.


When we got home, it was time to send Luis off for his first day too!


Both boys seem to be settling right in to school. When Taye got home the first day, the first thing he said was, "now I know how much fun it is to ride the bus!" So far, so good.

No comments: