Thursday, October 2, 2008

Escape

I have been going absolutely stir-crazy lately. I feel like we really can't go anywhere. I don't have the energy to chase the boys around any sort of store (nor the money to spend there), and everyone we would like to visit lives too far away in case of impending labor :o) Although I did say to Jean today that maybe I should come over, just to give Mya that motivation to come out. It has also been raining here for the better part of the week, which makes even going into the yard impossible.

Well, today was sunny-ish, and I couldn't take it any more, so I packed the boys up and we headed to Dunn Park for a little while. We brought loads of snacks since we knew the trip would mean a late lunch, we brought a bucket to collect leaves (and acorns, and mulch, and...), and off we went. It was so nice to get outside, and the boys had a great time. The only downside was that it was extremely windy, which Darius told me was scary, but we managed to push through.


I was so rejeuvenated by the trip that later in the afternoon we walked down to visit my friend Sharon, whom I have not spoken to in weeks. Then when we came home from that, we played in the front yard with all our neglected ride-on toys! I am feeling so much better now, and I think the boys are too.

No comments: