Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nonsense

Taye's new thing lately is nonsense. As if the 'school bus' game were not enough, he has come up with a few other games he likes to play.

He learned the Batman song from Nana, but has decided to switch it up a bit. Now he likes to sing "nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-nana-under!" and then laugh himself silly.

A few days ago, I was talking a little nonsense myself, and finished a sentence with "cheerio!" At which point, I asked myself "'Cheerio,' what does that even mean?" Which has turned into the following game:
Taye: "Cheerios!"
Me: "Cheerios?!"
Darius: "Whats that even mean??"
(Insert hysterical laughter here.)

This morning's line was "Aya!" courtesy of Darius, which somehow morphed into saying, "I like, um - aya!" over and over and over...and, of course laughing like a maniac afterwards.

No comments: