Wednesday, February 6, 2008

No, he's mine!

Lately Taye and I have been playing a little game. As soon as we hear Darius wake up from his nap on the monitor, I will say, "Darius is awake! I'm gonna go get him!" Taye will bolt for the stairs saying, "No, I'm gonna go get him!" We race upstairs, both yelling "No, I'm gonna get him! Thats my Darius!" and finally burst through the door, run to the bed, and jump on Darius. I know he can hear us coming a mile away, and he just lays in bed, waiting. With the biggest grin on his face, totally loving it. One of these days I should bring the camera up with me so I can catch that grin. Taye and I will then 'fight' over him, which cracks him up. Taye will usually grab him around the middle, while I'm stuck pulling on an arm or a leg, and insisting he is mine. It makes his post-nap time so much more fun (lets just say, he is definitely the son of "Amy Wrongside"). And besides, who doesn't love to see their kids hugging and having fun?

No comments: