Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good week for websites...and much more

I have been all about websites this week, lol. First I bought this one, and then over the weekend I bought www.littlepiggyphoto.com, for my photo business. I also rearranged a lot of the website to make it more user-friendly, and added a links page. I really like how well it has turned out. Now I just have to figure out how the heck to advertise and get business, and I'll be all set! That is easier said than done, but I'm sure I will figure it out eventually.

We've been pretty busy with other things lately too. We had lunch at dad's this weekend, and then Sunday was Mother's Day and we went out with mom and Jackie. This coming Saturday is Touch the Trucks in Needham, and then one of the Park Pursuit events at Houghton's Pond. I think its going to be a lot of fun, I just hope the weather is nice.

Taye has been falling asleep on his own some nights lately. Its one of those things that makes me want to cheer and cry all at once. It started as an experiment a couple of weeks ago. I make sure to put him to bed around 8 every day, otherwise his schedule gets really screwy; he'll nap one day and be up until 11 that night, then not nap the next day and collapse at 6. It stinks, so I have learned to get him in bed at a consistent time every night. So now, even if he has a nap, I still put him in bed by 8, only then it takes over an hour of lying there for him to finally fall asleep, and I find it really frustrating. So, on one of those nights, I thought I'd try to leave him and go into the other room for a while. I figured he'd get upset, and I'd end up lying with him, but I gave it a shot. I tucked him in and kissed him and told him I was going in the livingroom and would be back in a few minutes.

He didn't make a peep, and I spent a half hour cleaning the house, then went back in to check on him. That first night he was still awake when I went in (thankfully - I think I would have definintely cried if he was asleep!) and when I came in he said "Mama! Mama!" in the softest, sweetest voice. I went over and told him "Yeah, see I told you I'd be back in a few minutes." and he said "few minutes" almost laughing. He then 'talked' to me about his shirt, my shirt, his toes...and fell asleep about five minutes after I came in. Since then I have tried a few more times. A couple of times he has been asleep when I came back in, one other time he still wasn't.

It makes me a little sad to think he is growing up so fast, but mostly I have decided to be proud. I believe that he will fall asleep on his own now because he knows he is safe. He trusts us, and feels secure, and he knows that if he needs me I will come running. Bed time has always been peaceful in our house, never a battle, so he sees no need to make it one now, and for that I think this is a very good thing. It shows me I have done my job well, and that makes me very happy.

Darius has come out of his 'funk' a lot more lately too. He went through a grouchy phase, caused (I think) by a combination of teething, and frustration over his limited mobility. He still doesn't crawl (I doubt he ever will) but he is an Olympic butt-scooter. He can move himself all over the house on his butt now, and this increased freedom has helped him to have happier days. He is becoming more entertaining by the minute. Just in the last day or two he has started shaking his head 'no'. This morning it sounded like he said 'no' and when I repeated 'no?' he started shaking his head. He opens his mouth wide, and shakes his head very exaggeratedly (is that a word?) It was so funny, and he would do it any time I said 'no?'

He still doesn't nap well, hopefully he'll figure that one out soon, though Taye was rarely a good napper either. I swear, its like they're not even my kids! If they were, they would take advantage of the nap, and sleep late in the mornings.

But, they are happy and healthy and loving the weather and being outdoors. And that is really all I could hope for. I am a very lucky Mama.

No comments: