Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just showing off...

It all started when Tia asked me to make some overalls for Ella. Since I already had the pants part down, overalls weren't a huge stretch, but it did take a couple tries to get them just right. Version 1.0 went down to Ella for a test drive. Once the bugs were figured out, I made Version 2.0 for Mya. They were a huge improvement over the first ones, but still had a couple of tiny improvements to be made. I finished version 3.0 before we went to Florida, but somehow forgot to give them to her while we were there. I finally mailed them down last week, along with her Christening gift, which was 2 weeks late. I'm such an awesome Godmother already!

Anyway, here are the long-awaited overalls, I love how they came out, and it seems they were a hit down South as well. :o) And, how cute is this baby? I adore her.



While I was working out the pattern for the overalls, it got me thinking. I figured if I could come up with that pattern, I could make more. So I decided to do just that. Ella's Christening gift was a dress I designed and knit just for her. I was very happy with how it came out:



I figured while I was at it, I may as well make something for Mya too (can you all believe how many times you've seen her in a dress so far this week? Shocking, isn't it?) I wanted something simple and sundress-y. This one I didn't plan too much in advance, I sort of worked it out as I went along. I want to make some small changes, but overall I'm happy with how it came out.




She wore it to the fireworks, which was a great way to see how it held up. The straps need improvement, but I think I know how I'll make them work.


This pattern design thing is lots of fun, I'm trying to figure out what to make next! Ideas?

No comments: