Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Garden

We spent Memorial Day finally finishing up the garden (well, except for all the weeding, and watering, and harvesting, and preserving, and stuff...) I stopped for the plants on my way home from work, and my assistants couldn't wait to help me bring them over and get them planted.



We have 4 tomato plants, 2 cherry tomato plants, 2 red pepper plants, 1 green pepper plant, 1 orange pepper plant, 2 cucumber bushes, 4 sweet potato plants, 4 red onion plants, and 2 green bean plants.



When we got back there, it was exciting to see little watermelon plants popping up.



In addition to the plants I brought, the watermelons, and herbs we planted, we decided to plant some sunflowers as well, so Darius took care of that.



We also went over to our fence and dug up several of the strawberry plants that have found their way into our yard from the neighbors'. I'm anxious to see if they do well, or if I killed them with my inexperience. :o)



After everything was planted, we got to work on the next task. Since we found half a dozen or so cat poops in our garden boxes, we thought a fence was in order. So we measured...



...and snipped...



...and stomped it straight. Then Daddy took care of the rest (the fun stuff was done).



And the garden was complete. I love it because it looks like we actually know what we're doing!



With all that pesky work done, it was time for some refreshments...

and good times.
and possibly my favorite picture of the day:

It makes me laugh.

No comments: