Thursday, June 24, 2010

100 Years

Last week, we held an ambush a surprise party, for Mom and Jim. His 50th was in May, and hers is fast approaching in July, so we thought June would be the perfect time. We kept it simple with just the sisters, and Jim's brother. From all accounts it was truly a surprise, and we had a lot of fun.

The kids all helped plan (although, they didn't really know why - I told them we were having a party, but didn't tell them who it was for until the morning of - in case we saw Mom before - and they never asked. I guess as long as cake and a piñata were involved, they didn't really care why!)


I tried to capture her face as she tried so hard to squeeze out the frosting - it was priceless, but I missed it.

We had a cookout for lunch, and then got the real fun started. The piñata proved to be a tough one. After all the little kids had a turn (or 8)...

we let the big kids try...

Finally, we had success. I think it was John who broke it, but I could be wrong. Either way, there was an obscene amount of candy, so the kids were happy.

After the piñata, the guests of honor opened their presents...

and we attempted to light the house on fire (didn't work).


I can't help but notice that the birthday girl was a bit camera shy (for a change) - but don't worry! I will catch her on the wedding day...

No comments: