Monday, January 18, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

We celebrated Daddy's birthday with the kids a day early, since Luis and I weren't going to be home for long on his actual birthday. The night before, the kids and I baked a cake and worked on gifts. Darius had picked out a huge Transformer at the Salvation Army to give Luis. When we got home, we realized we had no wrapping paper, but we did have tissue paper, so Darius got to work making his own pretty wrapping paper.



Mya "helped."



When it was all done, Darius wrapped the present (almost) all by himself. The finished result:



While he worked on that, Taye worked on a poster for Luis. He has been writing non-stop lately, and decided to make a sign that said "Happy Birthday Daddy Love M." I imagine you're wondering who "M" is. It stands for one of Taye's new favorite characters - Mario. He watched me play on my new DS, and it is all over. I suggested he write his real name, and he told me he was being Mario, so Mario was his real name. He also wrote '34' on the sign, since Luis can't seem to remember how old he is (early senility kicking in).



In the morning, they gave Luis his present, and we had cake after lunch. All in all, I think Luis was happy with his birthday celebration.

No comments: